Sunday 5 February 2012

New favourite workout & complete exhaustion!

So as i was bog loving in my last post, i came across one of my favourites, Life and times of alison and justin. In her february fitness post i spied a workout that looked like something i'd love to try! So on Thursday, i had the day off work and thought i' try it out while i had a bit more time on my hands! The result? I LOVED it! It's a great workout and got me nice and sweaty but they were moves i loved and i didn't feel like i needed to give up.

My new favourite workout is this At home circuit workout! 


I did it twice like it says and actually got my 'buzz' back after working out. Try it!! 

Talking of the 'buzz', i seem to be lacking any motivation this week and just feel completely exhausted again. I go through lapses of weeks where i have absolutely zilch energy, even to type this now is hard, i just want to flop into a ball on the floor and not move a muscle! 

I've been to the doctor about it and they can't find anything wrong with my blood works to indicate any cause of the exhaustion. One doctor gave me a leaflet on ME/Chronic Fatigue Sydrome and asked me to read through it with an open mind and then go back to see what i though. He said if i did have it, it would only be mild, but to not immediately think it is that. 

I've read through the symptoms are they are pretty much exactly what i have. Here's a little of the information about it;

Fatigue

The main symptom of CFS is severe fatigue (exhaustion) following mental or physical activity. This does not go away with sleep or rest, and limits your usual activities.
Fatigue is mental as well as physical. Some people describe it as overwhelming. You may feel that:
  • It is a different type of tiredness from what you have experienced before.
  • After sleeping you do not feel refreshed.
  • It is not due to exhaustion.
  • It is not simply a loss of motivation, which people with depression often experience.
Exercising can make symptoms worse. This is called post-exertional malaise, or "payback". The effect of this is sometimes delayed. For example, if you were to play a game of sport, the resulting fatigue may not develop for a few hours afterwards, or even the next day.

Other symptoms

There are other common symptoms as well as fatigue, although most people do not have all of them. They include:
  • muscular pain, joint pain and severe headaches
  • poor short-term memory and concentration, and difficulty organising your thoughts and finding the right words ("brain fog")
  • painful lymph nodes (small glands of the immune system)
  • stomach pain and other problems similar to irritable bowel syndrome, such as bloating,constipationdiarrhoea and nausea
  • sore throat 
  • sleeping problems, such as insomnia and feeling that sleep is not refreshing
  • sensitivity or intolerance to light, loud noise, alcohol and certain foods
  • psychological difficulties, such as depression, irritability and panic attacks
  • less common symptoms, such as dizziness, excess sweating, balance problems and difficulty controlling body temperature


 It does all ring true in most of my cases, exercise does also make it a lot worse, since that workout on thursday, i have barely been able to function and i'm literally exhausted like you wouldn' t believe. no amount of sleep leaves me refreshed, sometimes i feel worse with more sleep but i'm always tired. It would also tie in my stomach pains/problems i get and my dizzy spells/lack of balance.

One thing i have noticed though is it is worse the week before my period is due for some reason, which is why this week has been so bad! Maybe it's something to do with that?

I'm back to the doctors tomorrow so hopefully i can get some more answers!!


Whats your new favourite workout? Do you ever feel completely exhausted?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...