Wednesday 22 February 2012

Walnut & Raisin Cookies!!



After my workout on Saturday, i was pretty wiped out Sunday, i could reeeeally feel my muscles which was good, but i couldn't do another workout! Damn you DOMS ;) Monday night, i was still feeling my muscles and was still quite tired but i knew i had to do some cardio! I did the At home circuit workout, but i modified it! I took the burpees, push ups and plank out (i just did more jump roping instead) and slowed down the mountain climbers! It was still a good sweat on but not the best! I also did the standing crunchless abs first which i can still feel my obliques and back today!!


I'm going to cut this story down, because i don't want to get into details, but yesterday, i went to work and everything seemed fine, then when we were closing my manager asked to speak to me and sacked me. It was a big shock, no reason for it and no warning. It's not the worst thing that could have happened because things were bad there anyway so i'm just trying to stay positive and look for other jobs and apply asap! And don't worry, i'm keep myself occupied by baking cookies and dancing around to Beyonce :)




Walnut & Raisin Cookies! 
I made around 10-11 cookies from this recipe.

4 tbsp milk,
1/4 teaspoon baking powder,
175g light/low fat soft butter,
1/2 cup sweetner,
50g caster sugar,
140g wholemeal flour,
300g oats,
50g raisins,
50g walnut pieces.

First, pre heat oven to 170 degrees celcius.

1. Dissolve baking powder into the milk,
2. Cream together butter and sugar until pale and creamy,
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix until formed into a dough (you may need to use your hands & get messy!),
4. Get a small handful of the mixture and form it into a ball, then flatter to make a cookie shape roughly 1cm thick and 5cm wide,
5. Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprayed with low fat oil spray,
6. Place in oven for 15-20 mins or until they look golden!

Make sure you allow them to cool on a cooling rack before getting your hands on them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...