Thursday 8 March 2012

Sport relief mile & Kony 2012!!

Tuesday night we signed up to do the Sport relief mile! We chose to do the 3 miles/5k in preparation for our 10k and i'm super excited! It's the 25th March at 11:30am, so we best keep on training ;)




Speaking of training, on Tuesday night we did Week 3 session 2 of our training plan! I had been sleepy alll day and even had a nap on the sofa, i really wasn't in the mood to go running but Warren was adamant we were going! I got ready and started running and amazingly, it felt so good! I felt i had loads of energy and went faster than i normally do. I left Warren behind! It felt amazing to feel strong and full of energy, when we got back we did 3 sets of tone it up's slim arms workout and then i did 2 sets of Lindsays all star abs workout! Phew! What a workout!

  Yesterday, i got up and had the urge to bake. I wasn't particularly hungry when i got up, so thought i would bake for breakfast, giving my appetite a chance to come back.


Baked banana bread.

3/4 cup of oats,
1/2 cup of soya milk,
3/4 cup of water,
2 egg whites,
pinch of cinnamon,
1 chopped banana,
1/8 tsp baking powder,
Sprinkling of wholemeal flour.




1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
2. Mix all ingredients except the sprinkling of flour into a tin. I used a 20cm square tin.
3. When all ingredients are mixed together, sprinkle the oats on top.
4. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Serve warm.




I served mine with my go-to peanut butter sauce; 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp water, put in microwave for 15/20 secs and mix.

After my breakfast, i headed down to my mums for the day to spend some time with her, it was a nice change to being bored at home! Not having a job is REALLY getting me down, but i'm trying to stay positive. 

I got home about an hour before Warren was home from work, as soon as he got in he was straight on his phone watching the Kony 2012 video. Please watch this now if you haven't already.



I had seen it all over facebook but not bothered to watch it for some reason, excuse my ignorance! After he had watched it, he immediately made me watch it and then we jumped online to order the action kit.

We plan to wear our t-shirts and bracelets when we do our first 10k to try and raise more awareness and  get Kony arrested. Order yours NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...